Emily Simonoff is Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at King's College London. Emily kindly agreed to be interviewed for Network Autism when she attended the National Autistic Society Professional Conference in 2017.
In this video, Emily discusses mental health problems in autistic people and how they can best be supported.
You can view the full interview or clips of the individual questions below.
Individual interview clips
- Can you tell us how you first became interested in autism?
- Can you tell us about your current work?
- What are the key challenges for diagnosing autistic adolescents with mental health issues?
- In your clinical experience, what are the most common mental health issues for autistic people?
- What support or treatment is most effective for autistic people with mental health issues?
- What are the risk factors for mental health issues in autistic people, and how can they be reduced or prevented?
Date added: 13 July 2017