Carol Povey is Director of the Centre for Autism at the National Autistic Society. Carol kindly agreed to be interviewed for Network Autism when she attended the National Autistic Society Professional Conference in 2017.
In this video, Carol discusses her work at the Centre for Autism, as well as diagnosis, women and girls, older autistic people and her advice for professionals.
You can view the full interview or clips of the individual questions below.
Individual interview clips
- Can you tell us how you first became interested in autism?
- Can you tell us about your current work?
- Within the National Autistic Society, how do you ensure staff are given the right skills and training?
- What are the challenges when it comes to diagnosis for autistic people?
- Can you tell us what challenges autistic women and girls may face in diagnosis and support?
- What difficulties do autistic people face as they get older?
- What would be your key advice to other professionals?
Date added: 3 July 2017