Liz Pellicano is Professor of Autism Education at the Centre for Research in Autism and Education (CRAE), UCL Institute of Education. Liz kindly agreed to be interviewed for Network Autism when she attended the XI Autism-Europe International Congress hosted by the National Autistic Society in 2016.
Individual question clips:
- Can you tell us how you first became interested in autism?
- Can you tell us about your current work?
- Why do you think autism research has not traditionally focused on the needs of autistic people?
- What are the challenges of involving autistic people more in setting the agenda for autism research?
- What methods can we adopt to ensure that autistic people's needs determine research priorities?
- How can we try to ensure true autistic participation in research, practice and governance isn't just tokenistic?
- How can researchers ensure full participation from autistic people who struggle with verbal communication
Date added: 16 March 2017