Lyn Bailey, Equality & Patient Experience Manager at East Cheshire NHS Trust, gives us her top 5 tips on making hospitals autism-friendly.
Author: Lyn Bailey
Top 5 tips
Making hospitals autism-friendly
1. Give your staff autism training.
2. Promote the hospital as autism-friendly so people feel more able to disclose their diagnosis.
3. Work out how you can make your initiative sustainable.
4. Empower your staff to be flexible.
5. Find out what reasonable adjustments are needed before the person comes into hospital, in order to make the experience both possible and positive.
These top tips are meant only as a very general guide to what to think about. You can find further information on this subject below.
Date added: 7 March 2016