This is a booklet for parents whose child has recently received a diagnosis on the autism spectrum.
It describes support that is available and answers the questions that many parents have soon after diagnosis, which include:
- coming to terms with a diagnosis
- what is autism
- how to get help
- statutory support
- therapies and interventions
- how to help your child at home
Extensive contact information for further support is also included.
- Early Support Programme, Department for Education
- The National Autistic Society
- Treehouse (Ambitious About Autism)
Date added: 15th January 2012