Gunilla Gerland is a Swedish independent autism advocate who has been working as a staff counsellor in schools, group homes and psychiatric care. She has drawn from her professional and personal experiences to write the book ”Secrets to Success for Professionals in the Autism Field”, published in 2013. Gunilla kindly agreed to be interviewed for Network Autism when she attended the XI Autism-Europe International Congress hosted by the National Autistic Society in 2016.
In this video Gunilla discusses tools and interventions available to autism professionals and how they can use them.
You can view the full interview or clips of the individual questions below.
Individual question clips:
- Can you tell us about your current work?
- What makes a good autism professional?
- What common pitfalls should autism professionals look out for?
- What are the key approaches and interventions that we should be using?
- How can we encourage professionals to use approaches/interventions in their daily practice?
- What ethical issues do we need to consider when using different approaches/interventions?
Date added: 1 March 2017