Charlene Tait is Director of Autism Practice and Research at Scottish Autism. Charlene kindly agreed to be interviewed for Network Autism when she attended the XI Autism-Europe International Congress hosted by the National Autistic Society in 2016.
In this video Charlene discusses Scottish Autism’s innovative new online support programme for autistic women and girls, their families and professionals. She explores some of the difficulties that autistic women and girls may face, particularly around diagnosis.
You can view the full interview or clips of the individual questions below.
Individual question clips
1. Can you tell us how you first became interested in autism?
2. Can you tell us about your current work?
3. Can you tell us more about the online support programme for women and girls launched by Scottish Autism?
4. What difficulties might autistic women and girls face in their lives?
5. What advice would you give women who are having difficulties getting a diagnosis?
6. What advice would you give professionals working with autistic girls and women?
Author: Charlene Tait
Date added: 30 November 2016