Tom Purser is Head of Campaigns at the National Autistic Society and is also the father of an autistic child. In this interview filmed at the National Autistic Society Professional Conference in 2017, he discusses how gender stereotyping can impact on how fathers engage with support services.
Tom also gives advice to professionals on how best to support fathers of autistic children.
You can view the full interview or clips of the individual questions below.
Individual interview clips
- Can you tell us how you first became interested in autism?
- Can you tell us about your current work?
- Can you tell us how gender stereotyping may impact on how fathers engage with support services?
- What barriers do fathers encounter when supporting their autistic child?
- As a father of an autistic child have you experienced gender stereotyping and how has this affected you personally?
- What can professionals do to support fathers of autistic children?
Date added 13 June 2017