Dr Yo Dunn, an autistic Consultant and Trainer from Consult Yo Ltd, gives us her top 5 tips on improving education provision for autistic pupils.
Top 5 tips
Improving educational provision for autistic pupils
1. Work collaboratively with staff to build a professional development culture
2. Embed autism development within wider school improvement
3. Extend the change beyond school out into the community
4. Ensure training and consultancy are focussed on practical strategies
5. Move beyond one off training to embed autism knowledge in classroom practice
These top 5 tips are meant only as a very general guide to what to think about.
Author: Dr Yo Dunn
Date added: 8 December 2015